- Custom blocks
Custom blocks are generic blocks for organizing your pipeline that may not fit into any of the other category of blocks. Unlike Scratchpad blocks, Custom blocks are executed as part of the pipeline.
Adding a custom block to the pipeline
- Create a new pipeline or open an existing pipeline.
- Add a custom block by clicking on the
Custombutton from the list of block types available.
- Specify the language for your block (Python and SQL currently supported). For custom Python blocks, use the
- Specify the color for your block. The colors are a way to visually identify or organize your custom blocks (e.g. The block will have this color in the dependency tree.) and do not affect how they are run.
- After clicking on the color from the dropdown menu, a new custom block should appear in your pipeline.