The Command Center is an ancient magical artifact that imbues its wielder with godlike capabilities such as:
- Teleport between different pages (go to different pages).
- Cast spells that trigger pipelines, immortalize code, etc. (perform an action).
- Conjure new entities such as files, folders, pipelines, and more (create new objects).
- Enchant objects and reveal their inner details (view object details).
- Summon applications to do your bidding and fight alongside you (open applications).
- Heal wounds suffered from bugs and errors (get help and support).
- Alchemize entities and update their inherent properties (update object attributes).
Available on versions
To enable this feature:
Go to your project settings.
Enable the feature named Command Center.
Restart Mage so that your files can be re-indexed.
Launch Command Center
There are several ways to launch the Command Center:
Customize launch keyboard shortcuts
You can change the default keyboard shortcuts to launch the Command Center:
These are some of the actions you can invoke from the Command Center.
Open a page such as the Triggers page, your profile preferences, a specific pipeline, etc.
After landing on a page, you can go back to that page from the Command Center. By default, 5 recent pages are available to jump back to.
Create a new folder in the project.
Create a new file in the project.
Create a new pipeline.
Trigger a pipeline to run once immediately.
Get instant help from the community and maintainers.
Open the developer documentation.
Here are some examples of items you can enchant and interact with from the Command Center.
The Command Center by default will show a standard list of actions and items that are useful throughout Mage.
However, there comes a time when you must transform into a different mode to better tackle specific quests. Currently supported modes are:
Switch into the Version Control mode to become the master of Git workflows. This mode comes with spells and artifacts for pulling code, viewing file diffs, committing changes, pushing features, etc.
More modes coming very soon!
The Command Center can launch Mage applications within the currently running Mage instance. These applications can be used simultaneously throughout your journey in Mage.
Currently supported applications:
This is the file browser and the code editor self-contained in a single application.
This is the terminal with multi-terminal support and can be launched and used on any page.
This application provides a new and revolutionary way to write code, test, and debug.
More applications coming very soon!